|20021129 ||Christmas Wishlists, 2002 || || |
This is a page with semi-current wishlists for Jenn and Dave.
They are updated infrequently and the lists are in no particular order.
- (Comic) JMS' Rising Stars book #3
- books on Norse, Celtic, or Egyptian mythology + legends
- The Captal's Tower by Melanie Rawn
- Boxing Heavy Bag
- Gym/Exercise Mats
I've been learning karate and Dave refuses to
let me practice on him!
- better-than-entry-level sewing machine
- Movie script/Art Of/Making of The Matrix
- Movie script/Art Of/Making of Star Wars II
I love storyboarded scripts -- ask Dave if I have the movie
- Dramatica Program (writer's aide software)
We prefer DVDs, widescreen when possible, since the
sound and picture is much better than is possible on VHS.
- Lord Of The Rings 1 (Extended Edition)
- Star Wars II
- Reign of Fire
- American Sweethearts
- Buffy (Season I, Season III)
- Men In Black
- Men In Black II
- Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
- The Sum Of All Fears
- Ocean's Eleven (2001 version)
Yes, the small $1 cars. You can check out my hotwheels pages to see what
my tastes are like. Specific models I'm after:
- Pikes Peak Celica models: 1999 Sugar Rush Series car (white
with 'Sweet Tarts' logos), 1998 First Edition car (yellow), and there
was at least one Gift Pack which had one (I believe was white with blue spoilers).
- Fandango (I think I have all 2002 and earlier model year cars)
- Super Tuned (I think I have all 2002 and earlier model year cars)
- Ferraris of all ages and descriptions -- currently most coveted is the US Gift Pack,
distinguished by the part number 57072 on the display hanger.
- wall mounted hotwheels display case
Something like this,
but ideally without the vertical separators and from a Candian
supplier so I can get more of them.
- APC-500 UPS
- a UPS/Power strip (for the switches and firewall)
- small, light, portable table-tripod for the Sony camera
Ideally something like the Pedco Ultrapod II,
but anything which can take a 35mm camera should work.
- finderscope for Sony Mavica CD1000
I don't even know if this exists. While trying to take night sky
pictures with the Sony, I discovered that the viewfinder LCD was
completely incapable of showing me what the camera was aimed at.
Ideally I want an optical finderscope (like an optical sight for a
rifle) that will fit in the Sony's flash shoe, so I can aim the
camera slightly more accurately than trying to eyeball a parallel
line to the lense. No zoom is needed.
- small point&shoot digital camera
I love my big Sony, but it is a pain to carry around for point-n-squirt
shots. Some kind of 2-megapixel camera with 32 or 64Mb of RAM, a
rechargable battery, a USB connection, and a pocket-sized form
factor would be great for day to day carrying around. No fancy
options needed, I have the Sony for 'proper' photography.
- phone with headset
for the home office -- or a headset for my existing phone.
Also a Caller-ID display for the existing phone (or the new phone if
the new phone doesn't have it).
We intend to run this off of either Jenn's computer or my SunPCi card running
Windows, so it doesn't have to be fancy.
- Ultra-class IDE disk Sun Microsystems workstation
U5 or U10, Blade 100. And I'm fussy about the keyboard type, I
prefer the one which has the capslock and Control keys swapped, and
the ~ key where the backspace usually goes. I do have a U10 clone,
but it uses small and expensive SCSI disks instead of cheap and large IDE ones.
- some kind of backup device for 20G and 40G drives
- 2 monitors
I have a second framebuffer for my existing sun, but I can't really
use it until I get two identical monitors. Modern 17-inch monitors
are fine, I'm personally aiming for a pair of 15-inch LCD units.
- a GPS
A toy, not because I need it. I like the look of the Garmin Etrex Legend --
downloadable maps, a decent number of waypoints.
...plus most of the movies on Jenn's list would be here as well.
Things which might not be on her list:
- Babylon Five season (1..5) DVDs
- Robotech DVDs
- Reboot (all from seasons 1 and 2)
- Reboot: Daemon Rising
- Reboot: My Two Bobs
These are larger things that both Jenn and I want for the house.
Please note that this is a long list that Jenn and I are using for
our own planning, and includes "fantasyland" items. we certainly are
not trying to ask for an air conditioner. If anything looks large on
this list, please contact us before you proceed.
- A/C unit
- furnace humidifier/dehumidifier unit
- garage door opener w/remotes
- heat exchanger
- lazy-boy style recliners
- big, round coffee table
- entertainment unit/tv stand
- large display case (for action figures, collectable cars, etc)
- built-in bookcases for the front room
- big snowblower
- nice TV
- nice DVD player
- home theater sound system
- CD rack(s)
- artificial flowers (the cats eat the real ones)
- carbon monoxide detector for 1st floor
- natural gas detector
- 8 foot curtain rod (for front room)
- timer switch + replacement switches for three lightswitches
The front hall has old style switch plates, in order to
install a timer switch for the outside light we will have to replace
the other three switches with 'deco' style switches so that we can
use a finished wallplate. If they will fit.
- motion sensor for garage (maybe not -- g/d opener might suffice)
- phone table
- phone (for bedroom -- must have 'ringer off' switch)
| ||© me 1038575955 |